Monday, August 17, 2009

Seriously low-tech embossing.

Yeah, so I'm not really good at the 'technique-y' side of scrapbooking. So it should come as no suprise that I really have never really done any embossing before. The only 'heat gun' I own is my hair dryer...I'm not certain I can even really call myself a scrapbooker. LOL!

This week at LCOM Dana challenged us to include some embossing on our card. Yikes! I don't even own a die cut machine that you can emboss with. What I do own however is some Fiskars plastic texture plates and a funky embossing tool that my cousin bought for me for $2 at Superstore. When I said low-tech embossing I wasn't kidding! So, in honour of Sofia's obsession with The Bee Movie I dug out the honeycomb plate and used it with some Core'dinations cardstock sanded to highlight the embossing.

No comments: